Associate Consultants (ACs) are at the heart of Bain’s core strength – providing clients with powerful facts and analyses that outline solutions and drive change. ACs are generalists who work as members of case teams in roles that vary according to the team’s objective.
Bain helps each AC build the fundamentals of a business career – cracking tough business problems, communicating solutions with clients and teams, and collaborating with senior Consultants and Managers. The AC role at Bain attracts a diverse group of highly-qualified people and provides the opportunity to gain unparalleled business exposure in a challenging environment where learning is the primary reward.
Bain invests heavily in the training and development of each AC. While most training is on-the- job, ACs also attend formalized training throughout their time at Bain. Formal training programs start with an extensive in-office program, followed by a ten-day off-site program with new ACs from other Bain offices around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
ACs are typically responsible for identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, and presenting their findings to case team members. Other responsibilities include interviewing the client’s customers, competitors, suppliers and employers; this work becomes the basis of the case team’s strategic recommendation.
Do you have what it takes to succeed as part of the Bain team?
- Problem-solving: Management consulting is all about helping clients overcome their most vexing business challenges. We look for candidates with the ability to analyse a situation and formulate an effective solution. Team experience and academic achievement may also indicate strong problem-solving skills.
- Leadership: Do you have proven leadership experience? Whether through work, school or extracurricular activities, being a leader frames your application in a favourable light.
- Passion: We look for candidates who show an enthusiasm for solving problems and delivering meaningful results. Strong applicants are focused on succeeding both as individuals and as part of a team. They have a zest for interesting pursuits outside of the office. Passionate people bring an energy to client engagements that inspires their colleagues to do even better work.
To apply you will need to provide:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts (both university and graduate/law school if Masters/JD candidate)
- Please apply under the name of your current or most recently attended University
- Attachments should be in Word or PDF format
All applications must be submitted online at www.bain.com/careers by 5 pm on Wednesday 1st March 2017. For any recruitment process enquiries please email Kate McGuinness at firstname.lastname@example.org.