2021 #SpectrumGrad Program – Business
- Gain valuable experience to kick start your career
- Embrace diversity and enjoy a collaborative culture
- Make your mark at Australia and New Zealand’s leading infrastructure and services organisations!
Broadspectrum designs, funds, constructs, operates, and maintains major projects and infrastructure assets across a diverse number of industries. With a network of more than 10,000 people across Australia and New Zealand and utilising over 60 years of experience, we provide services to vast industries, including Resources, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, Property, Social and Defence Sectors. Providing infinite opportunities, this role can offer a long-term and dynamic career path across a range of sectors and geographies.
We are now looking for Business Graduates to join our two-year graduate program, commencing in January 2021.
A #SpectrumGrad is a future leader of Broadspectrum, whether it be as a manager or as a thought leader within your field. If you have a vision for the future and want to shape communities, bring it to life at Broadspectrum.
About the role
The #SpectrumGrad program consists of 2 x 6 month rotations and 1 x 12 month rotation, which will provide you with extensive learning and development opportunities through face-to-face and virtual training, case challenges, hackathons and more. You will have many opportunities to establish relationships with clients and senior stakeholders of the business. In addition to this, your rotations will take you out of your comfort zone by giving you the chance to work in both corporate and field-work environments. Your rotations could take you anywhere across Australia and New Zealand.
This means that there will be an expectation that you have flexibility in where your work is located throughout the duration of the program. Don’t worry though, we’ll ensure you settle in well, wherever you are!
Graduate rotations will vary depending on location, current projects and personal preference. Areas you could be working include but are not limited to:
- Commercial: Gain an understanding of the life-cycle of a contract from a commercial perspective; from proposal development through to contract closure or transition out
- Procurement: Contribute to the development of a whole-of-Broadspectrum procurement strategy to enable the business to meet its strategic priorities and drive us towards best practice for today and the future.
- Business Analysis & Improvement: Understanding of data and the utilisation of the data to help us identify areas for improvement within process, systems and people to drive us towards the largest commercial return
- General Business: Gain exposure to a multi-faceted business division within Broadspectrum, gaining an insight and experience in remote area management, food services, human resource management and health & safety
- Audit & Risk: Review and analyse systems and processes at an enterprise level and operational contract level, to assist in the identification of risks and controls
- Contract Development: Gain valuable experience on the front end of contracts on how we win and negotiate work.
While you will be engaged as a Business Graduate, we recommend for you to rotate through our different teams and operate outside of your discipline (Communications, Finance, HR, Safety) for one of your rotations. This ensures you have breadth in your experience and to maximise your exposure to the diversity of our business!
The Successful Candidate
When selecting our #SpectrumGrads, we are looking for graduates who are:
- Innovative in their mindset
- Learning agile
- Inquisitive and enjoy tackling new problems
- Able to navigate their way through ambiguity
- Driven to achieve results
- Able to recognise and utilise the strength that comes from diversity
- Confident and have an optimistic attitude
- Able to influence and motivate others
To be eligible for the #SpectrumGrad program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Successfully completed relevant undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Commerce, Project Management or similar) in the last two years, or be in your final semester of study
- Willingness to travel and relocate for the duration of the rotation
- Hold Australian/New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency
This is a great opportunity to join a global organisation and develop practical skills in several areas before transitioning into a role in your area of expertise.
Click here to find out more about the #SpectrumGrad program.
The #SpectrumGrad Program is a two year structured program, designed to build your skills and experience in a variety of roles and projects across different industries and locations. Broadspectrum will use best endeavours to accommodate your rotations and a post-program permanent placement, but we are not under any obligation to do so. We do encourage you to network and build relationships in order to assist.
To submit your application, please apply to the relevant position making sure to supply your cover letter, resume and academic transcripts. Please only apply for one position within the #SpectrumGrad Program as your application will be considered for other disciplines if relevant.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.