Interested in commercial law, publicly listed companies, property and capital raising? Have you combined Commerce or Business with your Law degree? Our paralegal internships are a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in a boutique commercial law firm located in one of Australia’s most coveted suburbs, Double Bay in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
We are looking for paralegal interns who have a desire to grow professionally through their experience working closely with our directors. Our program runs for approximately 3 months full time or 8 months part time for a total of about 75 working days or 15 working weeks.
We have recently merged with a boutique commercial law firm specialising in mergers & acquisitions, commercial law, tax, litigation and property matters for clients including high net worth individuals and publicly listed companies.
You will be reporting to three dynamic directors who have extensive experience at Australia’s leading law firms, undertaking capital raising deals for publicly listed companies and.
Our directors range from holding multiple directorships of publicly listed companies, working in-house for one of Australia’s largest developer of residential apartments and working closely with overseas funds managers to negotiate and complete a range of real estate finance transactions.
Whilst this role is unpaid, you will gain rare exposure to a team of dynamic directors, quality legal and related work and clients and we will assist you to satisfy your practical legal training requirements.
Who are we looking for?
Switched-on law students, preferably with a combined Commerce or Business degree, and preferably with some prior experience (but not essential) and who have a commercial can-do attitude, resilience and a willingness to learn and grow. Are eligible for PLT placement.
Strongly desired attributes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a clear, concise and plain language style and a strong understanding of audience
- Effective skills in using time effectively and managing conflicting priorities as they arise
- Focussed and efficient legal and research skills
- Passionate, energetic, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Sound legal knowledge
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Appetite to work on a full spectrum of tasks related to the firm and learn all aspects of legal practice
- Assist directors with legal work and associated tasks including client and document management
- Ensure all deadlines are met and close attention is paid to matters
- Keep clients informed regularly and fully of the progress of their matters
- Deal with clients’ matters in a cost-effective manner
- Drafting and publishing legal articles and online legal content
- Assist directors with capital arm of the firm including capital markets and real estate investment trusts
As a growing company, we’re always on the lookout for standout interns to potentially join our ranks on a more permanent basis. If you’re committed to a career on the commercial side of law and potentially capital markets, this is the perfect place to start!
How to apply
Please email your CV, cover letter, and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org