Internship Programme – Corporate Finance 2020 – Melbourne
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritising long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About your programme
Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your global classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members directly regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
About Corporate Finance
As one segment of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), our Corporate Finance business provides the full range of products and services of a leading global investment bank. Our clients include large-cap and mid-cap corporates, financial institutions, governments, government agencies and financial sponsors.
Our relationships are enhanced by industry sector, country and regional expertise, closely aligned to high-quality client solutions: both buyside and sellside Mergers & Acquisitions and restructuring advisory - and capital raising services. We are able to advise on innovative cross-border and regional transactions in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Working on our day-to-day business as well as on special projects, you will contribute to the development of new ideas for helping our customers achieve their financial goals. The projects you work on will require your analytical skills and the ability to solve problems. The specific tasks that you deal with will depend on your role within the team. Tasks may include evaluating companies, developing models for M&A transactions, preparing industry analyses for pitches, or getting involved in the execution of live deals. You will be trained by the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialise later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Industry Groups
- Product Groups
We are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers.
- Are you in your penultimate year?
- Are you passionate about finance?
- Do you have an academic focus on business or the natural sciences, particularly business administration, economics, engineering, informatics, mathematics. physics, computer engineering or a comparable subject?
- Have you already completed previous vocational (banker) training/an internship or do you have part-time experience in banking?
- Are you proficient in working with MS Office and common applications? Some programming experience in C++, Python, VBA and Java would be beneficial
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail?