Graduate Consultant, Communications and Engagement
Elton Consulting is a leading professional services company. We have been a trusted advisor to government, private companies and the not for profit sector for over 25 years. Nationally, we have over 110 professional staff and a growing Melbourne office.
People and their environment are our focus – we engage with the community to help shape great places including schools, hospitals, transport services and housing, and better services and systems for people. We communicate and engage meaningfully, and design materials that bring projects to life.
We’re looking for a new communications graduate or a graduate with up to 1- 2 years of work experience to join our Melbourne team.
Our graduates have the opportunity to learn and develop their skills while working on a very diverse array of projects, including being part of teams delivering high level government and private sector projects. You’ll also play a key role in making the office run smoothly, providing administrative and office support. Your responsibilities would include:
- Preparing communication materials, such as communication plans, newsletters, social media and other communication tools
- Assisting with community consultation processes, including stakeholder contact and being out and about in the community
- Assisting teams with background research
- Assisting with event management and logistics e.g. for community consultation events and workshops
- Analysing material and drafting and editing reports
- Preparing demographic and stakeholder analyses
- Input and analysis of electronic databases for stakeholder analysis
- Project support including data entry and other administrative tasks such proof reading
- Office administration such as diary management, answering phones, preparing reports
What you bring to the team
- A great attitude, optimism, people skills and the energy and drive to learn and grow
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational skills and the ability to plan well to meet deadlines
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or a related discipline
- An understanding of the Victorian government landscape
- Familiarity with communication tools such as communication plans, fact sheets and social media
What it’s like to work for us
Our people matter to us. Our collaborative and flexible workplace supports our people to be the best they can be and it’s one of the reasons why our clients love to work with us. You will be respected by your peers and supported in your professional development.
Expressions of interest
If you’d like to be part of our growing collaborative team working on great projects, Please include your CV, a brief cover letter and academic transcripts.