Graduate Consultant - Software Development - Sydney/Melbourne
Technology is transforming all our lives – developments in robotics, automation, artificial intelligence and big data are creating the careers of the future. Digital careers need intelligent, analytical minds, people who want to make a difference; graduates who desire to be at the forefront of change.
Regardless of your degree subject, we believe all graduates possess the skills to fuel an exciting career in technology. FDM offers numerous career paths for you to choose, and that’s why in 2019, we launched the careers of over 1,800 graduates. FDM Group is a FTSE 250 employer with a global footprint working with some of the world’s most reputable organisations such as KPMG Australian Services Pty Ltd and Macquarie Group.
You will receive fully funded professional business and technical training (full-time for approximately 12 weeks) in our Sydney training centre to become a Java Developer. Upon completion of the training, you will become an FDM Consultant and placed on-site with our high-profile clients in Australia, supporting trade and risk management platforms.
This program will equip you with the skills and employment experience to become an expert in the development platforms used heavily in financial sectors. Given the high demand for niche developers across the industry, this unique opportunity will put you on the fast track for a rewarding and lucrative career.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships
- Ambitious, with a drive to succeed within the digital and banking / finance sector
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills within fast-paced environments
- Passion for technology
- Any programming experience
- Be geographically flexible throughout Australia (Sydney and Melbourne) to support our clients
- Be able to commit to a two-year contract with FDM upon completion of the training period
- Eligible to work in Australia (citizen / permanent resident)
What we offer you:
- Industry recognised training and qualifications
- Key skills development e.g. stakeholder management, communication, fundamental programming in SQL, UNIX and Java.
- A foot in the door to some of the world’s most reputable organisations
- Mentoring and on-going support throughout your entire FDM journey
- Modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking
Whether you’ve been studying for a role in the technology industry or not, we have exciting opportunities available for you. We have multiple start dates all year round, so why not make an application today? Click to apply for the FDM graduate program. If successful, you will be able to specify your interest for this particular role at a later point in the application process.
To find out more about FDM's Graduate Programs, visit www.fdmgroup.com
FDM embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability. Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of the job.