Graduate Practice Assistant Program 2020
Make your first or next step in your career the right one - Applications are now open for the Melbourne 2020 Graduate Practice Assistant Program!
If you are a high performing junior assistant or a business administration/secretarial school graduate looking to start your career, you may be interested in joining our Graduate Practice Assistant Program.
We offer a 12 month training and development program, where you will work in different legal teams and will experience what it is like to work in various areas of commercial law. The program will ensure that we provide you will the tools to operate as an exceptional legal assistant and practice assistant.
By the end of the program, you will have the ability to provide ongoing administrative assistance to legal staff and to ensure efficient maintenance and organisation of files, documentation and correspondence. It is our aim to secure you with a suitable Practice Assistant role with the firm upon completion of the program.
To be considered for the program you will need:
- a Certificate III in Business Administration, Advanced Diploma of Business (Legal Practice) or equivalent and/or some pertinent work experience;
- a minimum of 40 WPM with a high level of accuracy;
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn; and
- flexibility and a strong team focus.
In addition to the intensive graduate training program, successful applicants will be eligible to a comprehensive range of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About King & Wood Mallesons
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
Please note the below upcoming dates:
- Information session - we will be hosting an information session at our office, on Thursday 12 September 2019 at 5.15pm. For further information and to RSVP for this event, please contact Katrina Hofinger, People & Development Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.orgGraduate Practice Assistant Program 2020 - Information Session - 12 September 2019.pdf
- Applications close - on Friday 20 September 2019 at 11.55pm
- Interviews - will be conducted between Monday 7 October 2019 and Friday 18 October 2019
- Offers - will be made by Friday 1 November 2019
- Program commencement - February 2020
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form. Please include a covering letter and note that we do not accept applications via email or in hard copy. All applications must be submitted online.
If you would like to find out more about the program please contact Katrina Hofinger, People & Development Advisor at email@example.com or Jessica Hoskins, People & Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.