2020-2021 NAB Summer Intern Program – Business Banking
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. Start your career with an organisation that celebrates and thrives on the differences in our people.
We know you’ve studied hard and might not know exactly what you want to do when you finish your degree. We understand it’s not always easy to find your way. Our Summer Intern Program is designed to back you in this early stage of your career, to help you develop the skills, knowledge and network with which to build an exciting and inspiring career, no matter where it takes you.
How our Summer Intern Program works
This year our program involves virtual Employability and Future Skills development workshops combined with an immersive business placement. You’ll not only gain insights into the banking and finance industry, but you'll also learn more about your own working style with a personal action plan. You’ll be provided career coaching to determine what you want from your career and how to achieve it.
At the end of our program, you’ll have the opportunity to apply and receive an early offer for our Graduate Program the following year.
Summer Intern Program dates
You’ll need to be free to commence full time employment for 7 weeks (exclusive of 3 weeks unpaid leave over the festive period).
- 14 Dec 2020 to 16 Dec 2020 – NAB Intern Virtual Induction
- 17 Dec 2020 to 23 Dec 2020 – Business Placement
- 24 Dec 2020 to 8 Jan 2021 – Holiday leave (unpaid)
- 11 Jan 2020 to 12 Feb 2021 – Business Placement
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining Australia’s largest business bank. You’ll focus on supporting small to medium businesses bankers who are passionate about providing specialised financial products, market insights and advice to help our customers thrive across different industries. You’ll have a varied learning experience with exposure to business lending products, financial analysis, account transactions and customer service.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide
The Application Process
To be eligible for our Summer Intern Program you MUST:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application
- Be in your penultimate (second last) year of your undergraduate/postgraduate degree and free to commence full time employment by January 2022
- Commit to and be available for full time employment over the 7-week program (exclusive of unpaid holiday leave from 24 Dec to 8 Jan)
- Complete the online application and if successful you’ll progress to an online test, video interview and assessment centre. Assessment centres are held by stream and this year will be 100% virtual, meaning you can participate from any location.
If you are one of more than 4 million people living with disability in Australia and require adjustments throughout our recruitment process to be at your best, please let us know in your online application.
Please visit our website for more information www.nab.com.au/graduates