Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ Graduate Leadership Program 2019
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Thermo Fisher Scientific ANZ Graduate Leadership Program provides a unique opportunity for high potential science, engineering and/or business and commerce degree graduates to develop the skills necessary for successful careers at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
You will be given the tools, skills and support to accelerate your professional development and kick-start your career within a global leader in its sector. There will be opportunities for you to find a permanent, on-going role after the program.
The program is managed by a dedicated Program Manager with oversight by senior leaders within Thermo Fisher.
Program Design: How you’ll make an impact?
Throughout the two-year program, you’ll have three job rotations, allowing you to acquire experience in different facets of the organisation while allowing for exposure to Thermo Fisher’s core processes, technologies, and leaders. Rotations are determined through a combination of individual aspirations, development needs and business priorities and are all based in Thermo Fisher’s ANZ HQ in Scoresby. Rotations expose program participants to diverse functional areas, business units, and products/services.
Your growth is integral to the program and whilst the majority of the learning takes place on the job, a structure learning program supports you during the two years.
It focuses primarily on increasing self-awareness, learning from others and honing in critical competencies for ongoing success. Some of the learning opportunities will include:
- Induction program to introduce you to our company, core functions, your peers and our managers and leaders
- Ongoing cohort activities to benefit from each other’s experiences, ideas and feedback
- Contribution to business impact projects
- Exposure to our Senior Leadership team
- Specific skills development trainings, on topics such as communication, influencing skills, self-awareness and management fundamentals
- Access to our Thermo Fisher online learning library
- Career mentoring in the second year to provide you with guidance in preparing for your next steps Some rotations may require travel either domestic or international.
Rotations include exposure to:
- Sales & Marketing
- Portfolio Management
- Quality & Regulatory
- Strategic initiatives
On Completion of the Program, What’s in it for you?
The Program affords participants an outstanding opportunity to produce results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network over two years.
Upon completion, you will be ready to take up a variety of roles and be supported in identifying those roles within our company that align best with your long term career aspirations.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Science / Business & Commerce / Engineering graduated in 2018 or graduating in 2019
- Previous work experience including internships
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Desire for a career in a leadership role within a global organization
- Energised through change with ability to effectively adapt to new assignments, managers, businesses, and locations
- Ability to interact with employees and leaders at all levels of the organisation
- Strong attention to detail and drive for results
- Business understanding of metrics, budgets, and strategy aligned with business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong professional presence
- Authorisation to work in Australia without restriction
- Willingness to travel as needed throughout the Program
What will put you ahead of the competition?
- Double degree preferred (commerce + science)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.