Casual Insurance Paralegal
We are looking for fourth year Paralegals to join our busy Sydney office on a casual basis 2-3 days a week. There will be scope for additional hours and flexibility on days for exam block and new semester timetables. Ideally, you will have prior work experience within litigation, have an excellent academic record, outstanding organisation and research skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to work autonomously, as well as being a team player. Attention to detail and the ability to prioritise are essential as are advanced Microsoft Office skills. Training on our in-house IT systems will be provided
- Perform legal research;
- Draft legal documents and correspondence;
- Read and interpret case law and prepare case briefs to counsel and experts;
- Assist with business development activities;
- Prepare trial notebooks for court;
- File court documents electronically;
- Prepare responses to complaints and discovery requests;
- Organise case files and maintain documents.
What you bring to the table:
We are looking for high calibre candidates. Some of the attributes you need to express are:
- being a team player (that’s an obvious one)
- curious and inquisitive about clients and our business
- be part of any solution to a problem you identify
- be adaptable to new technologies and systems
What we have to offer:
To become a great place to work means that we need to support you to achieve your career and personal goals.
How do we help you to grow and develop your career?
- We’ve got complex, interesting and cutting-edge matters to sink your teeth into. You’ll work alongside experts in their field. Your exposure to market recognised local and global clients is guaranteed.
- keeping up to date with the latest developments in the legal and insurance industries via internal and external conferences and workshops
- having access to leading facilitators to help you build other valuable skills, like communicating with and managing others
- experiencing life inside a client’s business, through short and long term secondments that offer you amazing client insights
- learning about the insurance business internationally, by undertaking an exchange in one of the offices of our Legalign alliance partners
- receiving financial assistance for further studies that enhance your skills and provide new opportunities to contribute, and
- becoming a member of the professional associations that open up doors to industry networks that open other doors.
Lastly, it matters to us that you feel recognised for what you bring to the team. We take time out to wind down and we celebrate achievements, big or small, professional or personal.
These are some of the ways we say thanks.
- Above-market remuneration
- Incentive rewards for lawyers
- Involvement in our pro-bono legal service program and CSR initiatives
- A generous employee referral program
- Fantastic and regular social opportunities throughout the year.
Applying for position
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward a copy of your CV , academic transcript and cover letter to email@example.com