Graduate at Law
Interested in starting your career with a genuine industry leader?
Wotton + Kearney has one focus – the insurance industry.
It’s a fascinating, rapidly changing local and global market. And we’re the team local and global insurers, brokers and other industry participants turn to for help in managing traditional and emerging risks and disputes that range from the everyday to market-leading claims.
So if you’re interested in joining our Perth team on a full-time grad contract and becoming part of a 140+ team of lawyers who are passionate about partnering with insurance clients – then we’re interested in you.
As a graduate at Wotton + Kearney you will:
- work closely with your team on active matters to meet deadlines
- produce quality and meaningful work
- be allocated a supervisor who will help you manage your workload and be the ‘buddy’ you can go to for advice and answers
- participate in our fundamental learning and development program, and
- attend social and networking events.
It’s a program that’s designed to help you build your legal skills and commercial acumen. You will benefit from the resources of a firm with six offices in Australia and New Zealand and also be presented with global secondment opportunities through the firm’s global alliance with four of the world's leading insurance law firms across England, Germany and the United States.
In day-to-day terms, that means we will support your career by:
- encouraging you to sink your teeth into complex, interesting and cutting-edge matters
- setting you up to work alongside recognised experts and get guaranteed exposure to leading local and global clients
- keeping you up-to-date by sharing the latest legal and industry developments through regular seminars and workshops
- giving you access to leading facilitators to help you build other valuable ‘soft’ skills
- creating opportunities to experience life on the client side through secondments
- offering opportunities to do an exchange in one of our Legalign Alliance partners’ offices
- supporting further studies, including with financial support, and
- signing you up to become a member of professional associations.
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for a high-calibre graduate who is:
- a team player (of course!)
- curious about clients and their businesses
- keen to be part of the solution, and
- open to working with new technologies and systems.
Some of the ways we say thanks for being part of our team
We want you to feel valued for what you bring to the team. That’s why we offer:
- above-market remuneration
- incentive rewards for lawyers
- involvement in our pro-bono legal service program and CSR initiatives
- a generous employee referral program, and
- lots of social events across the year.
We also think it’s important to celebrate achievements, big or small, professional or personal, and will take the time out to do that.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this full-time graduate position in Perth, send a copy of your CV, academic transcript and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 12 July 2019.
If the timing’s not right for you now, keep an eye out for other opportunities as we are always keen to hire the right people.